Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Visitor



The Visitor
Rev. Anthony Farmer

Self-care and self-nurturing is very important.  I know this mental; and I am practicing this through my actions.  My next lesson is learning to be more consistent in my self-love.  I sent an intention to visit the Franciscan Monastery on Mondays; not every Monday but as often as possible.  The Franciscan Monastery is the external presentation of my internal heart space.  Today, I was called to visit my heart space; so I decided to visit the gardens at the monastery.

The call of Brother Red Shouldered Hawk generally greets me upon arrival at the monastery.  However, today he was nowhere to be heard.  Today I was greeted by a new old friend, Brother Catbird.  He has flown near me several times before Sunday’s church service.  I sensed he flies close enough for me to notice him.  I know Brother Catbird has a song and message for me. 

Once you enter the grounds of the monastery, you have to go pass through a gate to reach the Valley of Shrines.  As I reach the gate, I was welcomed by a gentle cool breeze.  I walked through the gate and down the path to the valley.  Today, I choose to rest on the bench nearest the Three Wise Men.  These three trees are located in a center section of the valley. 

I sit and close my eyes.  I rest in the peace, as I am serenaded by the songs of Brother Catbird, Sister Robin and Brother Cardinal.  There are other songs, but I don’t recognize the crooners.  Also, Brother Flicker flies down to the valley.  He perches on the side of the Wise Man Two, which is the one who brings the wisdom of song.  Brother Flicker is positioned such that I can see him.  I take this to mean he too has song for me, and that I am to listen to the songs.  Today, the guidance is for me to listen to the message in the songs.  Earlier this morning, I was told, while in meditation, “your guidance will come to you during the day.”

I continued listening in the sacred silence of the valley, my heart space.  I listened.  Sitting on the bench I listened. 

A visitor came to me at the bench.  He reminded me that my ministry was on track, and that there is no map or blue print to follow.  Whereas Brother Catbird is clothed in grey, and Sister Robin wears her red-orange breast, and Brother Cardinal is donned in all red, the visitor wears a white robe and is in sandals. 

He takes a seat on the bench, and joins me in listening to the sounds of nature.   He reminds me to rest for today, for today will expand into tomorrow bringing with it, yesterday.  He reminds me to rest my mind when I can; the knowledge received today, nurtured, will become the wisdom of tomorrow.  He reminds me that the wisdom of the heart is golden, and is brighter than the brightest light the eyes can see.  He shared that I know my ministry, and that it is for me to wear.  It is for no one else to wear. 

He said, “Remember we took you to the sacred desert to see the rebirth of the holy city.”

I listen, no longer with ears of overwhelm or disbelief.  I listen with honor and reverence.

He shared, “It is foretold in the prophecy.  And it is time.  Rest and renew.  It is all true.  He watches you from a far.  She blesses you, near.”

The visitor leaves with a gentle cool breeze.  I listen.

Copyright © 2013 Anthony L. Farmer All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment